Monday, August 12, 2013

Holy crap, Laura. What's with the picture spam? Also, we went on a trip. And I made cheesecake.

Is this the camera lens, mommy? This right here?
Hello, my loyal blogstalkers! I know you all have been eagerly awaiting the next installment of As The Munchkin Turns. Well, wait no more! This edition includes a car trip to Georgia, a trip to the park, and mommy's first foray into making cheese cake.

And magnets. Because we always need more magnets, right? Right. Glad you agree.

Reddit has random gift exchanges every so often. The theme of this recent one was magnets. While I wanted to buy magnets and wrap them up all pretty and send them in a really cool box with a nifty poem, I had to face facts and realize that was just not going to happen any time soon. Especially when by "any time soon" I mean "ever before I die." So I had the magnet exchange store send my selections along: little wooden rabbits, frogs, and mustaches. They were cute, and the recipient loves the mustaches the most. Win!
My Secret Magnet Sender sent these --->
Bacon poetry magnets, an I <3 <3 the doctor, and this really great sticker. The world needs more stickers. Especially of monkeys.

Onto the good stuff: We went on a trip to Cleveland, GA. If you don't know what's there... well... join the club. I didn't know either until we got there. It's the headquarters of the Cabbage Patch Kids company.
They had some GORGEOUS flowers outside. These are them, although I don't know what they are called.

There were some bumblebees flitting around too, and it was a beautiful day. These flowers just looked so luxurious! I was tempted to take one and bring it back with me, they were so healthy-looking.








Um... I'm not sure anyone has told you, but did you know
you have broccoli sprouting from your head?
These... things were all over the lawn as we walked up to the main building. There were several varieties, with and without broccoli-hair. I thought it was odd that they weren't painted in any real way. We later saw parents sitting their kids in them for pictures and decided it was so that the kids wouldn't burn when they sat down for the pictures, but it was still really odd. On the way in to the place, on the veranda, we found these cute little baby birds. Momma came by and fed them, and they piped up and let their needs be known.



As you pass down the veranda, you come upon these doors. Beyond them (and unpictured) is a stereotypical nurse's desk with a woman dressed as a nurse behind it. You have to sign in, and if you bring in any dolls with you, they all need visitor stickers. The people who work there are all dressed in scrubs and they do not break character, treating this like a real hospital.
Yes, Warhol!
Just Chillin'
On the walls, they have a few of these Warhol paintings. It's pretty impressive, actually. I had no idea that Warhol had done these kinds of paintings, but after a moment's reflection, they made sense. They were huge parts of popular culture in the 80s.


A little further in, you find this awesome cabbage leaf chair. It is nice and roomy, big enough for the whole family to sit in!
In a fit of terribly appropriate parenting, we dressed Lois in a onsie that proudly proclaims her to be a "Little Monster." This prompted almost everyone to assume she is a boy. The line to get to sit in the chair was impressively







They also had a bunch of cute stuffed animals all over the place. I took a picture of this one specifically for my friend Tina. They had all kinda though, and a lot of them made by Ty! Not just beanie babies anymore.










Ok, so this blog post has languished in my drafts folder for a week or so. Maybe more. I am not going to have time to properly finish it, but these pictures demand the light of day! So, here they are in all their uncommented glory. And I have at least 2 more posts I want to write!





































No comments:

Post a Comment